Theory of Law
The objective of the study programme Theory of Law is to understand the basic theoretical questions of legal science and to develop the prerequisites for independent scientific and pedagogical work in the discipline Theory of Law and other areas of legal science by acquiring a creative legal theory approach to legal phenomena and solving legal questions in the area of legal theory and legal practice. The students will deepen the knowledge of legal terms, legal categories, legal institutions and legal phenomena going beyond individual branches of positive law. After a recapitulation of traditional legal philosophical thinking, the students will become familiar with current critical approaches in legal science and will be led to a critical view of the legal area and its social context. The broader scientific basis of the discipline consists of the Theory of State and the study also includes the basics of scientific work, academic writing and language preparation.
A successful graduate is able to:
- know the basic legal philosophical approaches to law, legal terms and concepts and is able to work with them;
- understand significant law-theoretical and law-philosophical works of outstanding authors of 20th and 21st century;
- apply the law-theoretical and law-philosophical thinking in solving law-theoretical questions;
- master the basic methodology of legal science;
- use the methods of scientific work when preparing professional papers;
- manage the requirements of independent creative scientific work.
Occupational profiles of graduates
The graduates of the study programme are prepared for professional scientific work in the area of legal research, legislation, judiciary and other areas where a deep legal basis is required. They can also work in a number of other professional areas which require qualified interpretation and application of legal regulations, in consulting, in state administration and in scientific pedagogical activity at establishments of higher education and in pedagogical work at secondary schools.
|Provided by||Faculty of Law|
|Type of studies||Doctoral|
|Length of studies||4 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|
|Guarantee||prof. JUDr. PhDr. Miloš Večeřa, CSc.|