Office for Science, Research
and Project Management
About the workplace
Science and Research
In the area of science and research, the Office provides organizational and administrative support, especially in the following areas:
- Faculty Scientific Board,
- habilitation procedure and professor appointment procedure,
- distribution of information related to science and research,
- organization of support for scientific and research activities at the Faculty,
- activities in the area of evaluating science in cooperation with the Central Library of the Faculty,
- administration of the Faculty's Scientific Website,
- management of tools supporting research and publications (awards, target bonuses),
- administration of competition of university students in scientific activities (SVOČ),
- participation in the creation and implementation of Science and Research strategies,
- support of the Board for The Registry of Information about Results (RIV) at the Faculty of Law MU.
The Office provides organizational and administrative support in the field of project management at the Faculty. These are primarily the following related activities:
- information initiative and project database,
- search for suitable grant programs for the Faculty,
- dissemination of information (collectively and individually),
- project database management,
- assistance in project preparation,
- support in the preparation of the project proposal (formulation of objectives, outputs, characteristics of related activities, financial balance sheet, compliance with the call),
- support in the preparation of the project application and its annexes,
- support during implementation,
- project management,
- methodological support,
- collecting information and communication with providers,
- administrative assurance of sustainability,
- support for post-project sustainability reporting,
- support of the Board for the Faculty of Law projects.
Independent student scientific and professional activity is a significant part of university study as well as the preparation for practice. Its importance lies primarily in preparing students for presenting the results of their work and defending them in public. Therefore, the Dean of the Faculty annually announces the Student Scientific and Professional Activities (SVOČ) competion. The aim of the competition is to uncover the hidden potential of students in the field of science and research and thus support talented individuals by creating optimal conditions for developing their skills to work scientifically, to creatively use new knowledge in their field and to strengthen their ability to solve theoretical and practical problems, especially if related to the scientific and research focus of the Faculty. The possibility of presenting their work in front of a professional committee is a good preparation for students for the defense of their Master's thesis, or for a doctoral study, or it can be a chance for self-realization and comparison of one's abilities with their colleagues, which is rewarded with a special scholarship.
Students compete with their original professional work in the field of law. The competition is traditionally supported by the announcement of topics and special awards by important institutions, such as the Supreme Court, the Constitutional Court, the Supreme Administrative Court, the Supreme Public Prosecutor's Office, the Ombudsman's Office and lawyers representing law offices who often search for their potential future employees.