The Faculty's Dean is the head of the Faculty. Its position and competence are given by law and internal regulations of MU and the Faculty of Law. The Dean is responsible to the Academic Senate of the Faculty and to the Rector in the extent specified by the Statutes of MU.
In particular, the Dean:
- submits proposals to the Academic Senate of the Faculty,
- appoints and dismisses vice-deans,
- appoints and dismisses members of the Faculty Scientific Board,
- appoint and dismisses the Faculty Bursar,
- appoints and dismisses the heads of the Faculty departments and offices,
- announces selection procedure for the positions of heads of departments and offices and the positions of academic staff of the Faculty,
- exercises powers in relation to habilitation procedure and professor appointment procedure at the Faculty level,
- concludes contracts for the membership of the Faculty in multinational or international organizations,
- decides on the-first-level admissions of applicants in the study programs carried out by the Faculty,
- accepts applicants for lifelong learning to study in accredited degree programs, licensed degree programs and other courses provided by the Faculty,
- decides on the rights and obligations of students and participants in lifelong learning.